I tried to make one dati but somehow I couldn't manage to "copy" Kenny's Potato Salad. Hihi! Hubby likes it kasi. Since hind ko alam ang secret recipe nila, I just make my own diskarte na lang whenever I make one. Pa-cham ulit (Pachamba chambang luto!). Here's what I was able to come up with the other day. :-)
The ingredients I used:
- 300 grams Marble potatoes (Preferably unpeeled. You may slice it into smaller pieces, just halve it, or leave it as it is.)
- 1 pc Fuji Apple (Remove the core and slice into cubes.)
- 1 pc Cucumber (Remove the seeds and slice into cubes.)
- 1 pc Carrot (Peel and slice into cubes.)
- (1) 115 gram Del Monte Pineapple Tidbits
- Young corn (Slice into bite size pieces. Actually, this is optional. It's just that it has been sitting in the fridge for a few days already so I just thought of adding it in. ☺)
- Cheese (Slice into cubes. It's up to you how much cheese you like to add.)
- (1) 250 ml Nestle All Purpose Cream, chilled
- A dollop of lite mayonnaise (You can always use regular mayo.☺)
- Salt and Pepper
This is very easy. Here's how:
- Boil the marble potatoes and carrots.
- While waiting for it to be cooked, slice the other ingredients as stated above.
- Mix the all purpose cream, mayonnaise, salt and pepper together. Adjust the taste according to your preference.
- Fold it with the cooked marble potatoes, carrots, fuji apple, cucumber, pineapple tidbits, young corn and cheese.
- Mix well and chill.
- We prefer not to peel the marble potatoes. So, I just wash it very thoroughly before boiling it.
- Once the marble potatoes and carrots are cooked, let it cool first before adding it to the rest of the ingredients.
My husband and son enjoyed it, yey! I even made it as hubby's bento breakfast the next day. And I'm glad that he's requesting for more. Gawa daw ulit ako this week. :-)
So, I'm going to make one again soon. Try it, too! Well, it still doesn't taste like that of Kenny Roger's pero yummy daw sabi ni hubby. Happy me! Nakachamba ako! Wuhoo!
Any salad recipes to share? Baka you know how to make the Kenny's version. Please share ha! Thanks! :-D