|Trev at 11 months with his Maja Maiz "cake". :-)|
A year later, I made the Maja Maiz again for no reason at all. Hihi!
|And here's my little man, sneaky with the Maja Maiz. Haha!|
Anyway, this is a very easy dessert to make. Here's how I did it. Feel free to tweak on the recipe based on your preference.
You will need:
1 cup cornstarch
1 half can of condensed milk
1 cup evaporated creamer (This time, I used evap instead of of coconut milk.The first time I did it, I used powdered coconut milk dissolved in water.)
1 cup water
Pinch of salt
1/2 teaspoon butter (to be used to grease the pan/container)
Corn kernels (I put loads of it!)
Cheese (My husband is a cheese lover so I put tons of cheese toppings, too!)
- Put pan on the stove then add the cup of water and cornstarch. Mix until well dissolved.
- Add the cup of evaporated creamer. Mix well until thick.
- Add pinch of salt and the corn kernels. Mix again until thick.
- Remove from heat then add the condensed milk. Mix well.
- Return to the stove over low heat. Mix until fully thickened and well incorporated.
- Transfer to a greased container.
- Let cool then put inside the fridge to chill.
That's basically it! Super easy, yes? Have you tried making a maja maiz, too? Share your recipes! I'd love to hear from you!