I have always been trying my best to look for new meal ideas for my little one daily para hindi siya magsawa. One time, when we went grocery shopping, we passed by the shelves where the boxes of pancakes are displayed. I asked hubby if we could get one so Trev could try. Yes, he's never had pancakes yet, well, not until we bought that for him.
He really enjoyed eating it. Said it's yummy daw!
|Top: Pancakes with egg|
Bottom: Pancakes with fruits
Both with maple syrup
Yesterday, while we were again at the grocery, I was supposed to get another box but then I backed off. I remembered that I saw a very easy and quick recipe for pancakes with only two main ingredients, egg and banana! Yes, no flour! I thought it would be better if I try to cook that first. If it works, then better.
What do you know? It did work! Yay! I was so happy that my beloved toddler liked it, too!
|Home-made pancakes topped with mangoes. :-)|
I saw the idea from the BLW Facebook group where I am a member of. One of the mommies shared that she made pancakes out of an egg and a banana. I am sorry I failed to get the link but credit goes to her and to the group. :-)
What you need:
Oil for frying
How to do it:
- Simply mash the banana using a fork.
- Beat the egg and mix well with the mashed banana.
- Heat the pan. Add very little oil.
- Fry until you see that the edges start to brown a bit. Turn the pancake for the other side to cook.
- I added about a tablespoon of fresh milk the first time I made these and it was yummy, too!
- According to what I read, do not use butter or margarine in frying because the pancake will become sloppy. I haven't tried it though so I am honestly not sure.
- Make sure that the non-stick pan is well heated (under medium heat) already before pouring enough amount of the mixture.
- I am not sure what other kinds of bananas to use but in my case, I used a medium lakatan banana.
I am very happy with the result. I guess I won't have to buy store bought pancakes from now on! Yay!
Bananas are very flexible talaga. You can also make cookies using bananas and some oats, too. Mash, microwave, then done! Awesome!
Any quick and easy recipe you have tried, too? I would love to know! :-)